Are You Looking for Cheap Car Insurance?
Compare car insurance quotes from top providers in seconds
The internet is an incredible thing. From shopping to banking, scheduling appointments and more — there are so many things we can do, and it’s all at our fingertips. Buying auto insurance online is no different, and you can do it easily. Whether you want to set up a direct debit from your checking account or schedule payments via a credit card, you have the option to buy auto insurance on your terms. Let’s take a look at how you can do that.
Choosing Your Vehicle Insurance Provider
If you enter ‘buy auto insurance online with checking account’ into a search engine, you’ll be met with thousands of results. So which one is the best for you? There are a few things you should take into account while choosing.
- Level of coverage you need: Are you looking for comprehensive vehicle coverage? Do you just need basic coverage to suit your needs? Take a look at the kind of insurance each provider offers and what you require. Remember, while you only need liability coverage to operate your car legally, it might be worth getting more comprehensive coverage for your peace of mind.
- Bundle discounts: If you have a different kind of coverage already (think homeowners or life insurance), you might be able to get a discount by bundling your auto coverage with the same agent.
- Your vehicle: Does the coverage provider you’re looking at offer discounts based on your vehicle’s safety precautions? If you have anti-theft devices, like wheel locking or an alarm, some providers will be able to give you a discounted policy. Check to see what potential providers can offer you.
- The deductible you’re willing to pay: If you’re able to pay a higher deductible in case you need to make a claim, you’ll find that your monthly premium is lower. Check your potential agents to see what levels of deductible they offer and if you’re able to choose your own which will fit within your budget.
It may seem like a lot of information to take in, but remember that there are many reputable comparison sites available online too. They will be able to give you a comprehensive idea of what each policy provider can offer you, so you can make a well-informed choice which suits your insurance needs and your budget.
Get Your Information Together
When you decide on which provider you want to go with, you’re going to need to enter some details in order to make your claim.
- Your personal details — your provider will need to know details like your address, your date of birth, and possibly your social security number. Make sure you have these details on hand.
- Your driving details — to give you coverage, your provider will need to know your driver’s license number (make sure that your license isn’t expired!) and your driving history. You’ll need to let your provider know of any traffic violations, tickets, or accidents that are on your record as these can impact your premium.
- Your vehicle details — your provider will want to know things like the make, model, and year of your car. This is because there are different levels of insurance, depending on your vehicle. For example, a sports car will be much more expensive to insure than a reliable family vehicle with comprehensive safety features.
If the car you’re looking to insure is a collectible, you may have to get classic car insurance instead — make sure you let your agent know so that they can arrange the appropriate level of coverage for you.
Paying for Coverage
Once you’ve decided on your coverage agent and let them have all the necessary details, it’s time to pay. Most agencies will allow you to choose when you want your coverage to start — which means you can defer your initial premium payment until a later date.
Paying for your insurance is easy as many providers offer multiple ways to make a payment. You can buy auto insurance online with checking accounts, by setting up a standing order, by using a credit card, or even some sites like PayPal can be used to make payments.
Once you’ve paid, your coverage starts. Your agent will likely send your insurance documents to you in an email so that you have them right away, in case you need to make a claim. You will be able to request a paper copy of your insurance documents too, which will be delivered to your home address by mail.
It’s that easy! There’s no need to fuss about getting your auto insurance as you can do it all online — just make sure you choose the provider that gives you the coverage you need, and you’re good to go.