Are You Looking for Cheap Car Insurance?
Compare car insurance quotes from top providers in seconds
When you are looking to purchase auto insurance, it is essential to know all of your options. After all, vehicle coverage can be expensive, and there may be ways you can receive a significant discount based on your circumstances. Whether this means combining your policies or using your JB Hunt employee auto insurance discounts, you should be aware of the savings you can make.
Why Do I Need Insurance?
In most of America, it is a legal requirement that you have a certain level of insurance in order to operate a motor vehicle. Depending on the state, this can be just liability insurance, or more.
Vehicle insurance protects you, and it protects other drivers. If you are in a traffic accident, you can make a claim for vehicle repairs and any associated costs (like legal and medical bills) if you are found to not be at fault. Having insurance also means you won’t be penalized if you are caught without it. The penalties for driving without insurance range from getting a ticket violation to being arrested and having your car impounded.
What Kind of Discounts Are Available?
There are several ways you may be able to reduce your premium, depending on the coverage agent you choose to work with and your personal circumstances. Let’s take a look at those now.
- The price of your deductible: If you are looking to lower your monthly insurance payments, consider raising the cost of your out of pocket deductible. If you can afford to make the more significant initial payment in case of an accident and have never made a claim, offering to pay a higher deductible can lower your premium significantly.
- Employee discounts: Utilize your JB Hunt employee auto insurance discounts. Find out which auto coverage agents your JB Hunt location works with and tell your chosen agent that you are an employee at your company. Make sure you have your employee information at hand so that your agent can verify your employment status with the company.
- Your coverage: If you have a full-coverage policy, you could consider reducing the amount of coverage you have. This can drastically reduce the amount of premium you pay. For example, if you have ‘Comprehensive’ coverage, consider removing this. While it protects your car while you’re not driving it, it’s not necessary to pay for this coverage if you are sure of its safety when parked.
- Bundling insurance: You may be able to get a discount if you are willing to group different kinds of coverage with one agent. If you have homeowners insurance, life insurance, or other types, your agent may be able to cover them all and your vehicle under one price. This may also be possible if you have more than one car and insure them with the same agent – insurance providers often give a discount for multi-vehicle policies.
- Your driving record: Would you be considered a good driver? Do you have any collisions or tickets on your record? Have you been found to be at fault for any accidents? If your driving record is clean, without any kind of speeding tickets or traffic violations, this could qualify you for a discount as a “safe driver”.
- Your vehicle security: Does your car have an alarm? Does it have locking tires, wheel locks, or other anti-theft devices? The more secure your make and model of car, with any additional extras it may have, the less of a liability it is – and this can contribute to a higher discount for you.
Are There Other Ways to Get a Lower Premium?
There are a few other things to consider when you’re applying for auto insurance, such as the area you live in, your occupation, and your property status.
If you live in a more rural or suburban area with a lower crime rate, your auto insurance premium will also be lower. If your occupation is not considered “high risk” by your insurance agency, your premium will not cost as much – you are legally required to disclose your employment to your insurance agent. If you are living in a home that you own or somewhere that is not a rental property it is likely your insurance premium will be lower.
By utilizing the options you have around you, from being aware of your neighborhood to using your JB Hunt employee car insurance discounts, you are sure to find the best vehicle coverage deal for your particular situation.